iEFIS WiFi Gateway Installation and Setup
MGL iEFIS WiFi Gateway from MicroKit Installation and Setup
- If your unit is an iEFIS or iEFIS Lite
- Verify Software Revision is at least G3 22.214.171.124
- If your unit is an iEFIS MX1
- Verify Software Revision is at least V13
- Verify you have an appropriate RS-232 port available
- On iEFIS Lite and iEFIS MX1, any port can be used
- On iEFIS, Port 1 or 2 on the iBox, or Port 1 on the screen can be used
- Mount the Gateway in a location that the WiFi signal will not be blocked (i.e. do not mount behind a metal bulkhead!)
- Extend the wires on the pigtail plug provided with the unit to their destination.
- Terminate the Power and Ground connections. Grounds must be terminated to the same bus as the iEFIS display. Power can be terminated at the same breaker as the iEFIS or on an discrete breaker.
- Connect the RS-232 to the iEFIS. Pay close attention to TX/RX orientation. The Gateway's TX wire must go to the EFIS' RX pin, and vice-versa.
- Connect the male and female halves of the Gateway connector together and secure the locking nut.
- On the iEFIS:
- System Setup Menu
- Serial Port Routing/Allocations
- Set the appropriate port to "Data/File Server"
- Close all menus back to the main EFIS screen, then reboot
- On the iEFIS again:
- System Setup Menu
- Setup LAN, WiFi and Wired
- Tap "MicroKit WiFi Gateway details" and verify 192.168.11.1 is shown
- If this does not happen, confirm that the installation was performed in accordance with the above
- Connect to the Gateway's WiFi network on your laptop or smart device
- The Network will be named GW_XXXXX. The Default password is wifigateway
- Open a web browser window on your laptop or smart device:
- Navigate to 192.168.11.1
- Verify the Gateway home-page loads
- Open your compatible EFB app
- Create then export a flight plan
- Upload the flight plan to the gateway using the "EFIS File Transfer" button, then verify the iEFIS displays a blue message stating flight plan was received, and that the flight plan is visible in the EFIS' flight planning tool
Setting up ADS-B forwarding:
ADS-B forwarding is a feature on the gateway allowing users to connect to a GDL 90-enabled WiFi ADS-B receiver such as the echoUAT, Stratux or Stratus 3 and forward the information to the iEFIS for ADS-B In Traffic and Weather. To use this feature:
- Turn on your WiFi ADS-B receiver
- Connect your laptop or smart device to the Gateway's WiFi network
- Open a web browser and navigate to 192.168.11.1
- Click "WiFi Options & ADS-B"
- Click "ADSB WiFi Scan"
- Select the appropriate network
- Type in the password if applicable
- Click "Save & Connect"
- Once connection succeeds, use the steps from the setup section to grab the new IP address of the WiFi Gateway after it restarts
- Connect your phone to the ADS-B receiver's network and browse to that IP to ensure connection with the Gateway is successful
Setup of the uAvionix EchoUAT ADS-B with the iEFIS and iEFIS Lite
First, wire the EchoUAT to the iEFIS according to this article. The article shows using the EchoUAT with the Sandia transponder, but other transponders can be used. Then, follow the instructions below: Note: With the EchoUAT, the EFIS does NOT ...
iEFIS Rotorcraft Setup Manual
Attached is the manual for rotorcraft (helicopter and gyrocopter) setup for the iEFIS and iEFIS Lite.
iEFIS Generation 3 Updates
The latest iEFIS G3 Software updates are contained here. These updates apply to the regular iEFIS G3 and the iEFIS Lite. iEFIS G2 Users can find their updates here iEFIS MX1 Users can find their updates here Current version: iEFIS G3 Application ...
Setup of the Navworx ADS600-EXP ADS-B with the iEFIS and iEFIS Lite
First, wire the Navworx to the iEFIS according to this article. The article shows using the Navworx with the Sandia transponder, but other transponders can be used. Then, follow the instructions below: Note: With the Navworx ADS600-EXP (Experimental ...
iEFIS and iBox User and Installation Manuals
The iEFIS and iBox Installation, Navigation and User Manuals are attached